This Gas Measuring Instruments seminar focuses on the familiarization with the proper use of explosives and toxic gases measuring instruments. During this training, you will understand how vital it is that the instruments are maintained and calibrated properly.
This online training is designed for engine and deck officers who are responsible for performing gas monitoring and calibration.
This safety seminar will discuss the risk of illness or injury from respiratory hazards due to oxygen deficiency or the presence of toxic gases. In addition, the course will outline the importance of gas monitoring and the proper training of employees to ensure safety on the job site. The seminar involves both theoretical and practical training.
- Gas Monitoring Instruments
- Instrument Inaccuracy and Responsiveness
- Calibration, Accuracy and Calibration Drift
- Types of Calibration
- Gas Monitoring and Calibration Review
Features and Benefits
STS Marine Academy Gas Monitoring and Calibration seminar offers recommendations for gas monitoring and promotes the frequent testing of instruments. Once you have successfully completed this course, you will:
- Know the inherent risk of injury and illness from respiratory hazards
- Be aware of the detection technology and products that exist to minimize the risks
- Properly verify the accuracy of gas detection equipment daily